Monday, January 31, 2011

To all things...

Evening and, once again, well met to all of you. Well, the end of January is nigh and 1/12th of this new year is gone. With it goes the many, many (countless many, actually...) new years resolutions, failed or not, made by an untold amount of people across the globe. Why do I bring this up, you ask? This blog that you have all so graciously enjoy for a month was just that; a new years resolution. For longer than I can remember, there have been so many hobbies I have always said that I CAN do, but I then I don't actually do them. I've never felt the need to prove my ideas in that regard as I 'know' what I can (or should...) be able to do. For this, the year of our Lord 2011, I decided to actually prove my worth and do something that I said I could do but have never actually done...

So what did I learn from this experience? Well, first off, I don't think I have it in me to consistently post once a day, every weekday. Sometimes, I'm too busy with work and home life, I don't have time to churn out a QUALITY blog entry (therein lies the important distinction...). I do not want to get to the point where I am phoning in this blog and just make short posts about random crap I think of (far, far too easy and then what's the point...). For each post, I want to showcase something in my life that I have enjoyed or (at the very least...) caused some kind of emotional reaction within me (for good or for ill...). By using pop culture items I am interested in inherently, this prospect was made so much easier. But it was definitely a more difficult prospect that I realized at the outset...

Where we go from here is uncertain. My intention was to do this blog often enough that posting would become habit and I got close to that idea. While I did make enough posts for each weekday in January (yay...), what I more succeeded in doing was making myself anxious for something to blog about. Close enough, I suppose. However, I did promise to unveil my entire Ireland journal on this blog and we are still fairly early in the journey yet and I will attempt to continual daily blogging until the end of the travel log. I am hoping (cross your fingers...) that by continuing until that goal is complete, I will have gotten into a better groove and just keep going on and on until I tire of it. I have not grown tired yet, I am just tapping myself out too quickly and I need to find my blog voice or at least define it better than I have already. Maybe something will spring force as this blog evolves from its nascent state...

As a great man once said (you know him if you know me well enough...), 'Excelsior!'. I'll leave you with that...

2 comments:

Brian said...

You never did your top ten desert island songs list!

Prototaph said...

That's an awesome widget, sir! You're right; I never did it because I completely forgot about it. Stay tuned for more excitement...