Thursday, July 9, 2009

Finally...

After all this time, ye readers few, I can get back to this thing the kids call a 'blog'. But understandable, my hiatus was. Moving out quickly, unpacking the important items, repacking for Ireland, going to Ireland, coming back into moving right into our new place (give or take a day or two), unpacking and setting up said new place, visiting with people. It's a process, believe me. I've lived a lot of my life out of boxes, but this is first time I'm (basically) away from my parents in that respect. Shocking...

So, here in Laurel I sit. I am on the lookout for a few things; some are necessities, others not so much. So here go:

- A comic/gaming shop (a combination or one of each)...
- The cheapest grocery store around...
- A decent, close second-hand store...
- A theater...
- The best job I can find...
- The closest college with a good Education program...
- A gym...

As you can see, I've got my work cut out for me. These are, in no way, in order of importance, but I will let you infer an order to the list. An eye is being kept out...

Super stoked about the apartment, though. I'm getting all my old gear back and weeding out all that I have sort of out grown or no long have a use for. It's cleansing. The stereo's back as well, which I have missed up in Ithaca. Now I can rock this joint with all manner of musics. Speaking of that, I have been weeding through my mysterious cd collection since moving in and let me tell you, it's been an education. I think I have been keeping around half of the cds I bought without knowing what a band was like. That means I will admit to having spent a bit too much on curiosity and broadening horizons and the like. I hope you guys like music as gifts...

Last item, there's a party at my place coming up (don't worry, you'll be invited...) which Tara and I are excited about. It's an alcohol party in which we will share out special finds with friends and they with us. We're calling it our 'Liver Let Die' party (my idea...). It's also a housewarming event so that our friends and family will know where we live and how we live in it. Should be a lot of fun...

1 comment:

Brian said...

Game stores:
http://www.gamesandstuffonline.com/
http://www.familygamestore.net/
http://www.dreamwizards.com/

I like the first one. I've heard great things about the second one. I've been to the third one but it doesn't seem as great.

There's a Salvation Army store north of you in Savage, MD and a Goodwill Store a little farther north in Jessup, MD; both along Route 1.

There's a movie theater at the Laurel Mall just a tiny bit north of you. There's an awesome movie theater at the Arundel Mills mall off of Route 100. And apparently an IMAX theater up in Columbia, though I haven't been to it.

For colleges, you might want to check out:
http://www.laurelcollegecenter.org/index.html

Howard Community College also isn't too far away and is supposed to be good. Then there's always UMBC (a bit to your north) or College Park (a bit shorter to your south), but they'll probably be on the expensive side.

Hope that helps!