Sunday, March 22, 2009

WE'RE BACK!!!...

I was going to make this about Super Smash Bros., but something truly wonderfully awesome has happened tonight and I feel the need to spread the joy around. After several years of spartan music selection (considering what came before), the hard drive with all my digital music, every song I've ever gotten and put on the computer, has magically began to work again! It is a true miracle and I am happier than you can imagine...

Now, those close to me might say, 'Hey, what about you and Tara and the big to-do and all...' That is for another post for another day. You know, after the fact. No, tonight the joys of my own music selection are almost back to where I was before I moved up here. Thousands upon thousands of songs are mine once again, and once I combine them with the iTunes (eventually) and all the songs I acquired whilst up here, I shall feel a certain amount of peace of mind...

So here's my advice to you, kiddies: Don't put all your crap in only one format. If that format becomes lost (say, a crashed hard drive or assholes take your collections out of your car cause you are too damn dumb to lock your car...), have at least one back up in a different format. Since I thought I lost both in a very short time lapse, it was more devastating than I would care to explain. Even if you burn your cds onto a drive, don't get rid of the hard copies. Store them away until you need them again or run out of storage room or whatever. Such relief you can't buy...

Next: A Smash Bros. post...

4 comments:

Brian said...

Amen to having backups in more than one place!

Also, are we gonna be able to see Watchmen when you're down this week?

Brian said...

btw, thought you might get a kick out of this:
http://thisishistorictimes.com/2009/03/the-evil-dead/

Prototaph said...

We might very well be able to. However, Tara didn't enjoy it (you can ask her on the specifics) so it might be a boys night out. Let's see how it goes, yes?...

P.S. You gave me a dead link...

Brian said...

Well Chris was definitely a no-go so that's what I figured.

Apparently they took down the picture from the original site. However, somebody uploaded it here:
http://graphicshost.net/viewer.php?file=tsynf2jdem8unrw.gif

Try that.